While we’re not immediately hiring a web developer, we’ll be adding another back-end developer to our growing team later this year so let us know if we should keep you in mind. This position can either work remotely or in our Des Moines office.
What you’ll work on
You’ll be responsible for turning beautiful designs into functional websites. You’ll work with a designer, front-end developer and project manager to bring those designs to life in. a clean, crisp back-end experience.
We love to challenge ourselves to do things that haven’t been done before, so most of our projects will require some level of custom functionality that’s different than the last project. You’ll need to be a creative problem-solver who’s always on the lookout for a better way to do something.
We do a lot of high-visibility work for a wide variety of clients. You might build a killer responsive website for an architecture firm, an online store for the largest seller of antique beer cans in the world, or even the website for the school district you grew up in. Our clients expect the best of us. We don’t cut corners, and we give you enough time to do things the right way.
You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow in the direction you want to go in your career. Would you like to see more of the marketing aspect? We’ll take you to a discovery meeting with a new client. Are you curious about server architecture? We’ll pull you in the next time we have to tweak something in our hosting environment. Do you want to work on larger and more challenging projects? Every project is an interview for the next one, so give us your best and it won’t take long.
As a company, we’re crazy about continuous improvement. Everyone here has a unique perspective and insight. Your ideas matter and you will make a difference!
What you need to know
You’re the right person for this position if:
- You have a framed print of the WordPress template hierarchy on your nightstand.
- You’ve spent hours on Google and the WordPress.org developer docs and searched through the WordPress source code to try to understand the best way to accomplish something.
- One time you found a plugin that only did 90% of what you needed, so you decided to build your own instead of settling.
- Website development knowledge (PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Ajax)
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience
- Strong aptitude for front-end development
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated desire and ability to serve clients
To learn more about what we expect of our employees, you can check out our house rules.
What everyone else likes
- Schedule flexibility – work a compressed schedule wrapping up your week at noon on Friday, a traditional schedule, or even a late-night schedule.
- A job that supports your life – work 40 hours a week and don’t take your job home.
- Loads of employee benefits
- 401K that’s matched and vested immediately
- Free use of the company unicycles.
How to apply
Fill out the form to the right, and make sure to attach your resume and cover letter.