We need to add a talented developer to our growing team. This position can either work remotely or in our Des Moines office.
What you’ll work on
We love to challenge ourselves to do things that haven’t been done before, so most of our projects will require some level of custom functionality that’s different than the last project. You’ll need to be a creative problem-solver who’s always on the lookout for a better way to do something.
We do a lot of high-visibility work for a wide variety of clients. You might build a killer responsive website for an architecture firm, an online store for the largest seller of antique beer cans in the world, or even the website for the school district you grew up in. Our clients expect the best from us. We don’t cut corners and we give you enough time to do things the right way. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow in the direction you want to go in your career.
- 4+ years of WordPress/PHP experience
- 3+ years of experience developing large-scale websites
- Extensive experience working with custom WordPress themes
- Demonstrated excellence in back-end WordPress development
- Strong ability to build sites that perform well across popular platforms and devices
- Strong communication, time management, and analytical/problem-solving abilities
- Work with a team of developers to deliver projects on time and within scope for high-profile clients
- A talent for collaborating with designers and front-end developers to bring exceptional designs to life
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and data modeling
- Expert level understanding of WordPress plugins and the WordPress admin UI
- Experience working with source/version control systems such as Git
- Proficient in creating custom WordPress plugins
- History of developing and testing RESTful API’s
- Expertise in developing custom WordPress widgets, plugins, custom post types, and page templates using advanced custom fields
- Ability to develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
- Knowledge of web accessibility best practices, preferably with experience building sites that meet level AA requirements for Section 508/WCAG standards
You will work along with our design and front-end team, so front-end development skills are not essential (although they are beneficial).
What everyone else likes
- We work a little bit longer Monday through Thursday so your week is done Friday at 11:30 (yes, that’s AM) and you’re working 40 hours each week.
- Compensation based on your contributions and a generous bonus program to reward you for company and individual performance.
- Free downtown parking two blocks from the office.
- So much insurance coverage that you’ll be excited to get sick (health, life, disability, and dental).
- Our team gives back to the community by sharing our talents.
- Outrageous company events with people you like to be around.
- Flextime to support your life.
- Mac or Windows environment—whichever allows you to do your best work.
- Retirement savings matching through our 401(k).
How to apply
Fill out the form to the right and make sure to attach your resume and cover letter.