We’re looking for a Senior Designer who is passionate about digital design and versatile enough to create exceptional brands from the ground up. You’ll be delighted to find out that a 40-hour work well is the norm and you’ll enjoy summer all year long (yes, that means Friday afternoons off)!
About your work
You’ll be responsible for producing a variety of graphic design pieces, including print and web design. That means you’ll work within the design framework of a company’s existing brand or you’ll work with our team to help create a new brand for a client.
We’re looking for someone who considers their work a piece of art. Working in concert with a strategist and programmer, you’ll create remarkable work. As a firm, we’re obsessive about creating an amazing experience for our clients, so you’ll need to share your ideas on how we can become better.
What you should bring with you
- Experience: 3-5 years of top-notch design experience, preferably in digital
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Sketch
- Drive to create award-winning work with a fresh perspective. We like independent thinkers, not copycats (see House Rules #6 and #7)
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and with clients
- Demonstrated desire and ability to serve clients
- Education: a college degree or equivalent experience
- Des Moines candidate preferred
You’ve got to the have the ability to do your job without supervision, because we’re not a daycare. You’re expected to work diligently and produce creative, intelligent, well-thought-out work. You’re expected to make a difference here. To learn more about what we expect of our employees, check out our house rules.
What everyone else likes
- We took a poll last week. Everybody really loves working here. Work alongside people who love their work.
- Compensation based on your contributions.
- 40-hour work week is the norm. We work hard with focus, which means we almost always go home at dinnertime and no one sleeps under their desk. We work a little bit longer Monday – Thursday so your week is done Friday at 11:30 (yes, that’s a.m.).
- Free downtown parking comes in handy for work and play.
- Full suite of employer-subsidized insurance options (health, life, dental, disability).
- Free use of the company unicycles.
- Enjoy outrageous, albeit unconventional company events with people you like to hang out with.
- Flex time to support your life.
- Retirement savings matching through our 401(k).