If you’re wondering why there’s a monumental drinking straw atop a building in downtown Des Moines, your search for the answer is about to bear fruit. The building at 516 3rd Street is home to Juicebox Interactive, a digital marketing and branding agency. We here at Juicebox Interactive commissioned the straw because, well—what’s a juice box without one? Now, impress your friends with these interesting facts about the straw:
- The straw extends down through our interior office space. Really. Sixteen feet, floor to ceiling. Kind of makes us feel like we’re swimming in creative juices, day in and day out.
- Combined, the interior and exterior portions of the straw extend more than 30 feet in length.
- Our straw is larger than the reigning Guinness World Record straw. We’ll be submitting an application to Guinness in the near future.
- The interior portion of the straw is available for public viewing. The main entrance is on the south side of our building. Feel free to mosey on up to the second floor for a peek inside the giant juice box and say hello to the “Juiceboxers,” as we refer to ourselves.
- The straw was designed and built by two people who can build just about anything: Richard Jespersen of Jespersen Construction in Ankeny, Iowa, and Joseph Musil, engineer extraordinaire from Ely, Iowa.
Whether we’re building websites, creating logos, naming businesses, or creating marketing campaigns to drive sales, we love doing flat-out creative work for our clients. We’d love to have you tap our creative juices. Get in touch with us or check out some of our award winning work (one of our recent projects, a three-dimensional website, just received a prestigious HOW Interactive national award—something no Iowa company has ever received!).
Thanks for inquiring about the giant straw! And if you get the urge to take a straw selfie, send it to email@example.com and we just might feature it on this page for future visitors to admire.