We currently don’t have any openings for a graphic designer, but given our growth we expect to add someone within the next six to nine months in our Des Moines, Iowa office and are collecting resumes to find the right candidate.
What you’ll work on
We’re looking for someone who considers their work a piece of art. Working in concert with a strategist and programmer, you’ll create remarkable work.
You’ll be responsible for doing a variety of graphic design responsibilities, including print and web design. That means you’ll work within the design framework of a company’s existing brand or you’ll work with our team to help create a new brand for a client. And we’re obsessive about creating an amazing experience for our clients, so you’ll need to share your ideas on how we can become better.
What you need to know
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to create award-winning work with a fresh perspective. We like independent thinkers, not copycats
- We’d love it if you’ve worked with WordPress
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and with clients
- Demonstrated desire and ability to serve clients
- College degree or equivalent experience
You’ve got the have the ability to do your job without supervision, because we’re not a daycare. You’re expected to work hard and produce creative, intelligent, well-thought out work. You’ll need to love your job because everyone else here does. You expect to make a difference here.
To learn more about what we expect of our employees, you can check out our house rules.
What everyone else likes
- We took a poll last week. Everybody really loves working here. Work alongside people who love their work.
- Enjoy outrageous, albeit unconventional company events with people you like to hang out with.
- Compensation based on your contributions and a generous bonus program rewards you for company and individual performance.
- Free downtown parking comes in handy for work and play.
- So much insurance coverage, you’ll be delighted when you become ill (health, life, disability, dental).
- Free use of the company unicycles.
- We work hard with focus, which means we go home at the end of the day and no one sleeps under their desk. We work a little bit longer Monday – Thursday so your week is done Friday at 11:30 (yes, that’s a.m.).
- Our team gives back to make our community a better place by sharing our talents.
- Flex time to support your life.
- Retirement savings matching through our 401(k).
How to apply
Fill out the form to the right and make sure to attach your resume, work portfolio, and cover letter.